Hey Radiant Rebels!
Oh boy! If we had a time machine, there would be so many things we’d love to tell our younger, more naïve selves… especially when it comes to skin care. For most of us, it’s a journey based on trial and error, frustrations and broken promises by products promising you the world.
Well… if there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s that this doesn’t have to be the way for you too. We’ve compiled a list of the best kept beauty secrets that we wish we would have known back in the day when skin care challenged us just as much a boys and exams.
Batty’s beauty secrets…
- I wish I knew just how important hydration is (and how it applies to skin care) sooner. I could have brought my skin back to balance and reduced acne (battle) scars so much sooner.Not sure what I’m talking about? Check this out!
- Back when I first started to get acne in grade 5, I wish I knew that there was a natural path to healing. It would have saved me a lot of wasted time, stress, and self-confidence battles. Not only would my self-image have less of a bumpy, painful ride – my skin would have too! No harsh treatments, skin being so dry it cracked, peeled, got beat red, and DIDN’T GET BETTER! Oh the things I would tell my pre-teen self if I could go back in time!I want all Radiant Rebels (new and long-standing) to know that they can find their paths to natural solutions too! Start by checking out the external & internal causes found here.
- I wish I knew how amazing oil is! Not only do I formulate with it a lot, I use it to remove my makeup and even shave with!Find out how I use it as a makeup remover here. You may also want to check out this video that explains the difference and benefits of our 3 beloved moisturizer here!
VA Karla’s beauty secrets…
- Less is more! This isn’t so much that I “didn’t know”, but more so something I didn’t listen to growing up. I’ve always been a BIG makeup geek, and as a teen, I was definitely someone who fell for the heavy makeup trends. Same applied to skincare too. I’d use a million products in a day (most of which were completely toxic) constantly clogging and filling my pores with nasty chemicals. It took me years to realize that I can achieve the same thing with a few items that are the CORRECT products.Not sure where to start when it comes to building a simple skin care routine for yourself? Here is a guided worksheet that will help you step-by-step to pick your perfect products!
- I wish I knew what “NATURAL” actually meant. Mind you- this is something we’re duped and programmed to believe thanks to marketing gurus, but I feel a though, if I had been properly educated in what makes a product safe and healthy, my buying habits would have changed long before they did.Not sure what you should be looking for in your products? Use this flowchart to see if your products are part of the problem!
- “You are what you eat.” We always heard that eating junk food and pizza can lead to acne (old school ads), but just how much our internal systems affect how our skin operates would have been nice to know over the years. I would have stopped downing tubs of Ben and Jerry’s long ago!Do you commonly see breakouts occurring in certain areas of your face? Be sure to check out this resource on skin mapping- it may just give you some insight as to what happening on the inside!
Hope these tips will help you in your skin care journey, and solve some of the mysteries that have been plaguing your progression thus far!
If you haven’t quite had enough- we’ve got TONS of resource for you over on the Skin Care 101 page for you to check out as well.
Till next time – Stay Radiant
Regain Control with a Skin Reset
Get off the rollercoaster of having to hunt down a new product every time your skin becomes unruly! Bring your skin back into balance with our routine builder workbook! Enter your email address below and I'll send it to you right away!