Skin Support Tea is a brand new product to the Batty’s Bath line-up and now available in the online shop! Keep reading to find out why it’s so awesome!
Topical applications are great, but most times your body also needs a boost from the inside out to clear up skin problems! That’s where this tea comes in! It’s full of plants that have been used for centuries in Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic practices, and Herbalism to support the skin’s natural functions! Each of the 10 plants has been picked for it’s ability to heal the skin from the inside out.
Just a cup a day will help boost your skin’s natural ability to heal itself! And who doesn’t like having a nice cup of tea to wind down at the end of the day? It couldn’t be simpler! Just boil water, steep tea, and enjoy! Note that this is loose leaf tea so you’ll want to use a teapot that has a strainer or use a hand tea strainer/infuser ball (this is what I personally use and it’s super duper easy!). This tea has a gentle, mild, herbal taste and there’s enough tea here for two months worth of daily “night caps”!
What makes this tea so amazing is the locally grown and harvested ingredients! Let’s take a quick look at just some of the benefits of each!
- Burdock Root
- A gentle yet effective herb for bringing the body back into balance. It has been used for centuries to bring relief from skin eruptions and a variety of skin conditions including acne, rosacea, and eczema. Its bitter quality stimulates and improves digestion (poor digestion is a cause of skin problems that is often over looked and goes undetected – especially in the case of chronic acne! Now you know and can make sure this isn’t an underlying cause of any skin problems you might be having!).
- Yellow Dock Root
- Yellow Dock is an iron rich blood cleanser, that is used to promote healthy iron stores and healthy bone density. It cleanses the blood and supports the liver to promote healthy skin. A gentle laxative that aids in digestion and relieves constipation (a cause of acne!) by stimulating peristalsis and the gallbladder
- Milk Thistle
- Milk Thistle is a powerful liver detoxifier that protects and restores health of liver cells (super important for keeping the body clear of toxins that could otherwise be “detoxed” through the skin causing flareups and breakouts!). As a bitter it increases secretion and flow of bile.
- Peppermint is an aromatic digestive tonic that stimulates and improves digestion (which aids in clearing the skin of chronic acne) and brings relief to GI discomforts including gas, bloating, nausea, and occasional heartburn. The aromatic oils in Peppermint have a stimulating effect on the mind, making it a nice alternative to caffeine-containing stimulants.
- Echinacea increases body’s natural defense and resistance to a wide variety of immune challenges. Powerful immune modulator, antiseptic and wound healer – making it an essential part this tea as it aids in healing the skin of any flareups, breakouts, and sores (including those associated with acne, rosacea, and eczema).
- Gotu Kola
- Gotu Kola helps reduce scarring and heals keloids (super important when dealing with acne!). It improves the integrity of the blood vessels (super important when dealing with rosacea!). And when healing wounds, it promotes favorable regeneration of the tissues (super important for all skin problems!). And, as a non-skin related, yet extremely awesome bonus, gotu Kola has a long history of use in Ayurveda, where it has been used for centuries to increase mental stamina, improve memory and concentration, and to promote longevity. It is a brain tonic that increases circulation and oxygenation of the brain, and has antioxidant properties that protect the brain from degenerative damage. With its amazing benefits, we could all use some gotu kola in our life!
- Red Clover Blossom
- Red Clover is a blood cleansing and nutritive herb useful for cleansing the blood and skin in chronic skin challenges including acne, rosacea, and eczema. The blossoms have a phytoestrogen effect that supports optimal hormonal health during times such as PMS, menstruation and fertility (which aids in decreasing hormonal acne, especially when combined with my Skin Support Serum!).
- Licorice Root
- Licorice root is an extremely versatile herb with a multitude of medicinal uses. It has been shown to increase the half-life of cortisol, which makes it a supportive tonic for the adrenal glands (which helps balance the effect that stress has on the skin – if you’re chronically stressed or have gone through a traumatic experience – even if it was years ago – your adrenal glands will need support to help keep the negative effect of stress – good or bad stress – from wreaking havoc on your body and skin!).
- Angelica Root *
- Angelica is a warming, aromatic and bitter herb that promotes healthy digestion (a backed up digestive tract can cause acne breakouts!). It decreases digestive spasm in cases of nausea and intestinal discomforts (it even provides relief in menstrual cramps!)
- Ginger Root
- Ginger is a warming herb that is used to alleviate nausea and motion sickness. Digestive, carminative and stimulant that aids in utilization of other herbs (in other words not only does it have its own awesome benefits, but it also helps the body put all the amazing the benefits of the other herbs in this tea to use!)
* Because this tea has Angelica Root in it, it shouldn’t be taken during pregnancy.
Regain Control with a Skin Reset
Get off the rollercoaster of having to hunt down a new product every time your skin becomes unruly! Bring your skin back into balance with our routine builder workbook! Enter your email address below and I'll send it to you right away!