Hormonal Acne: Balancing it naturally.
A common internal cause of acne is unbalanced hormones. Below you’ll find a few quick tips for fighting acne by working to balance your hormones.
- Avoid processed sugar and sweeteners as much as possible
- Avoid milk & pasteurized dairy products as much as you can. Get your calcium from dark leafy green veggies, whole grains, nuts, and legumes
- Avoid meat that could have hormones in it (better yet, consider a plant-based diet)
- Get lots of “good fats” in your diet (like the kind you’ll find in avocados).
- Avoid or reduce stimulants like coffee, energy drinks, etc
- Participate in stress-busting exercises like walking or yoga several times a week
- Get an adequate amount of sleep (I know this can be tough, but do your best to let your body rest and recover each and every night).
- Drink Skin Support Tea at least once a day (the more herbal tea you drink, especially the Skin Support Tea, the better! Skin Support Tea is specifically made to help your body balance its hormones naturally).
- Zinc (30/mg daily)
- Probiotics (2 x daily or follow directions)
- Antioxidants (follow directions)
- Milk Thistle (follow direction)
- (for women) EstroBalance or EstroBlock
- Green / Fruit-Filled Smoothie daily (this post has resources to get you started)
- Lemon balm if you’re extra stressed, irritable, or find it hard to wind down at night
Find even more info to clear up acne here.
Need more help finding your path to clear skin?
Start your radiant skin journey here.
Regain Control with a Skin Reset
Get off the rollercoaster of having to hunt down a new product every time your skin becomes unruly! Bring your skin back into balance with our routine builder workbook! Enter your email address below and I'll send it to you right away!