Now that my liquid laundry soap has been discontinued, I thought this was the perfect time to share how to make your own liquid laundry soap by using my cold press soap bars! This recipe is super easy and any of my CP soap bars will work!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 bars of my cold press soap (grated)
- 1 cup of borax (available at most grocery stores)
- 1 cup of washing soda (not baking soda!)
- large pot
- extra large bucket (ideal size is 5 gallon bucket)
What to do:
- Grate the bars of soap using a cheese grater
- On the stove, put 8 cups of water in a large pot and bring to a boil
- Add the grated soap to the pot, reduce heat to medium to medium high, and stir frequently until dissolved.
- While the soap is dissolving, step away from the stove to put 16 cups (1 gallon) of water into a large bucket.
- Back to the stove – when the soap mixture is completely dissolved, pour the soap mixture into the water in the large bucket.
- Add 1 cup borax and 1 cup washing soda.
- Stir well.
- If you still have room in your bucket (and you will if you used a 5 gallon bucket), fill the remainder of the bucket with warm water.
- Stir again.
- Let mixture sit overnight. It will turn from a liquid into a gel.
- This recipe often separates so you will need to stir before using.
- Use ½ cup for a regular sized load and ¾ cup for a large or heavily soiled loads.
- This recipe does not make suds so it is ideal for HE washers. (Suds are not necessary for cleaning
Regain Control with a Skin Reset
Get off the rollercoaster of having to hunt down a new product every time your skin becomes unruly! Bring your skin back into balance with our routine builder workbook! Enter your email address below and I'll send it to you right away!