FYI: key areas of a “clean” lifestyle to focus on are…
- diet (as mentioned above)
- sleep (getting enough good quality sleep)
- exercise (walking plus something that builds strength, like yoga, are two easy ways to fit this in most days of the week. 20 – 30 min is all that is needed. Building strength is a great way to naturally support your body’s ability to balance hormone levels)
- stress levels
- product exposure (not just skin care products but also any house hold products as well).
It’s best to tackle the area(s) you struggle with the most and get it/them cleaned up first. That will help move your overall lifestyle to a “cleaner” state faster than trying to tackle them all at once. It sounds like you have a good handle on a lot of these. I just thought that listing them out again might be helpful.
- birth control pills (which you already removed from your routine)
- diet (non-organic animal products including farmed fish; pesticide residue on fruits & vegetables)
- household cleaning products (including laundry soaps /dryer sheets /etc)
- beauty products (again, this looks like an area you already cleaned up, but also note that feminie hygiene products can also contain xenoestrogens)
- and one that often gets missed: PLASTICS. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible (especially when it comes to your food). If you do need to use them at any time at least make sure they are BPA free.
Regain Control with a Skin Reset
Get off the rollercoaster of having to hunt down a new product every time your skin becomes unruly! Enter your email address and we'll show you how.