I just started using the following products, and my face has drastically become alarmingly:
1) tight (you can see the skin pulling on the sides of my face and around my eyes when I smile), and
2) flaking off around my nose, eyebrows, and on my chin.
Which of these products could be causing it?
Before my latest order I was using:
For the last 4 days or so I’ve been using (thinking this would add MORE moisture overall):
Evening: Green Tea and Pineapple Cleanser, Quick Stick Acne Fix, Hydra Healing Skin Rescue Gel, Soothing Eye Gel, Primer Facial Moisturizer
Morning: Green Tea and Pineapple Cleanser, Hydra Healing Skin Rescue Gel, Primer Facial Moisturizer, Mineral Concealer, Mineral Foundation, Oil Absorbing Setting Powder
Mask: I also used the Cystic Acne Mask 2 days ago for an hour
I haven’t changed anything else. How can I get the moisture back into my skin as quickly as possible? I’m not sure which product is causing this! I realize my skin may need to get used to something new, but I need to clear up the tightness and flaking this week because I have a wedding on Saturday.
Thanks, Batty. Hope Little Man is doing well!
When that happens all of the gel based products turn into what looks like a peel-off mask … and can easily be mistaken for tight flaky skin. None of the products you’re using will ACTUALLY cause your skin to be doing what you described so that’s why I’m so positive that it’s the gel products not fully absorbing.
To counteract this here are a few tips…
- Wash the cystic acne mask off fully by using an exfoliating scrub or the green tea and pineapple cleanser with a face cloth.
- When applying the eye gel, only apply a very thin layer. If you still find it’s not absorbing well, apply a serum or moisturizer over top. (a thin layer of serum is preferable).
- Mix the hydra gel with your moisturizer prior to applying it to your face. i.e. mix about 1/3 of the hydra gel with 2/3 moisturizer in the palm of your hand, then apply.
By following the tips above you’ll find your skin will be back to normal and ready for the wedding. If I can be of any more help, please let me know!
(P.S. If you’re really worried about it, just skip the gel products until after the wedding, then try the tips above.)
See PART TWO of this Q & A here.
Regain Control with a Skin Reset
Get off the rollercoaster of having to hunt down a new product every time your skin becomes unruly! Enter your email address and we'll show you how.