So, I’ve been on the detox kit for three weeks now, and I’ve actually noticed an increase in acne. I don’t have horrible acne (anymore, thanks to birth control) but I’ll usually get one every two weeks or so. “However, since I’ve been using the detox kit, I’ve gotten a new one almost every day. They go away pretty quickly, and without scarring, but I’m getting a little worried that it’s still going on into the third week. I’m not entirely sure what to do.”
- First, they won’t be able to be absorbed into the skin – petro ingredients are like putting plastic wrap around your face, nothing can go in and nothing can go out.
- The second is that when your skin is overburdened with toxins, it’s more focused on dealing with them than absorbing – and putting to work – any additional ingredients – the energy just isn’t there for your skin to put all those good ingredients to work properly!
- Additionally, using the detox kit first helps to soothe the skin out of a hyper-reactive state that is caused by non-natural ingredients (your body just doesn’t know what to do with them which often increases sensitivity, deplete your skin’s natural protective barrier – so your skin is prone to more problems, infection, and irritants – and increases inflammation – the body’s natural response to irritation/foreign substances).
Waves of Healing
But back to detox breakouts…
Breakouts during detox can come on fast and furious, BUT thankfully go away just as quickly (that’s how you can tell it’s a “detox breakout” and not a breakout caused by something else). If you want to speed up the process of getting through those detox breakouts, it can be done when you incorporate some internal work. The detox kit can only address so many toxins – it can’t help you clear ones from other areas of your body (which are often the ones behind stubborn chronic acne). The detox kit will set you up to use natural products to their full potential (like I discussed above), and it will substantially increase your chances of clearing up your acne! But, some of my customers want to boost their detoxifying power even more! This will mean going beyond just using the detox kit, although many of my customers bypass the internal work and just stick with the detox kit – they (and hopefully you too!) often see their breakouts becoming milder and milder the longer they stick with it! This is true whether they do internal work or not!
More on boosting your detoxifying power (aka toxin clearing power!)…
- Help your digestive system clear out more toxins by taking steps that help it working as efficiently as possible! Something as simple as adding psyllium husks to smoothies (or any other food/drink of your choice) can go a long way. (Our digestive system not working at peak performance – even if we don’t have any obvious symptoms – is another common cause of stubborn chronic acne!).
- Avoid (or at least reduce) the amount of processed sugar in your diet. The inflammation that processed sugar causes in the body contributes to skin problems (the most common being acne!)
- My Skin Support Tea strongly supports healthy digestion with natural herbs and botanicals. It also helps balance hormones (another common cause of stubborn acne). Check out the benefits of each ingredient to see if it’s right for you here.
- Milk Thistle is another herb that is great for digestion, as is aloe vera.
- My super brief tips on balancing hormonal acne may interest you – they are all about boosting your toxin clearing power as well as targeting common causes of hormonal acne. They can be found here.
Soooooo, to summarize a very long answer to your short question (lol), try not to worry, stick with it, and above all, things will get better. Consider boosting your over all detoxifying power if you’d like, or don’t – it’s totally up to you – some people find it really helps.
Regain Control with a Skin Reset
Get off the rollercoaster of having to hunt down a new product every time your skin becomes unruly! Bring your skin back into balance with our routine builder workbook! Enter your email address below and I'll send it to you right away!