We know that skin care comes with a lot of questions, especially when you start diving into natural solutions for the first time. Making the choice to go natural not only means a lifestyle change and cupboard clean; It also requires a lot of research… which inevitably leads to a lot of questions!
If you’ve chosen to start your skin care journey with a skin detox- Way to go! Know that you’re giving your skin the best chance at success for healing and achieving your goals. We also suspect that you have a burning question or two, so let’s try and tackle 3 of the most common ones we see.
Q: Can I continue to wear makeup while doing a skin detox?
A: Absolutely, yes! BUT- make sure the products you’re putting on your skin aren’t contradicting the effort you’re putting into your skin detox. Otherwise, the toxins you’re working hard to remove are just being replaced by new ones and it becomes and endless cycle.
Look for naturally based cosmetics, like ours, because you won’t have to worry about them causing a build-up or irritating your skin.
NOTE: We do always recommend using our Mineral Makeup collection in combination with the Detox Kit. This is due to the fact that our cosmetics have been formulated to work with the products in our skin care line. While other products are natural, we also include other ingredients in ours that will actually benefit your skin and support your skin during the detox.
Basically, if it comes from one of the big-name brands from one of your local drugstores, chances are it’s a no-go, even if they say “natural” on the label. Give the ingredients list a solid look through before applying, and as hard as it may be, it’s likely a good time to give it a toss and start searching for healthy replacements.
Q: Are there things I should do around the house to prepare for my skin detox?
A: It’s not entirely necessary, but there are a few tricks that you can do to boost your skin detox and get the most out of it!
- Stop the hot water abuse. Hot water will perpetuate dry skin, while cooler showers and baths will actually help to rehydrate our skin. As an added bonus, it’s also been shown to help improve split ends for your hair.
- Humidifiers are bae! This is especially true for those of us who are in the middle of winter or live in drier climates. Use a humidifier in rooms with high traffic to prevent the dry air from stealing from your skin.
- Toss the toxins. Air fresheners, laundry detergents & dryer sheets, cleaning products, hair care/styling products, body care products and basically anything else your skin comes into regular contact with should be taken into consideration. You’ll also want to check your shower curtains. If you use a plastic curtain/liner, often these give off formaldehyde (not good in a place where our skin is most vulnerable).
- Plants as air purifiers! That’s right- If you’ve got a green thumb, consider adding a few plants to the household. There are a ton of plants out there that are great for purifying the air like spider plants!
- Keep it clean. Make it a habit to change towels and pillow cases on a regular basis. You don’t want the toxins your removing to end up on these and be reapplied to your skin. Same goes for hats and scarves. If it comes into contact with your face on a regular basis, make sure you’re washing them up often.
Are there things I can add/eliminate to my diet to help my detox?
A: Yup! There sure are. Obviously, a clean diet is good for us on so many levels, but it will help boost your detox as well. If a complete overhaul isn’t on your agenda, here are some keep tips to consider.
- Avoid processed sugars. They lead to inflammation that supports the production of acne. Opt for honey or agave as an alternative.
- Introduce our Skin Support Tea into your routine. Just one cup a day helps to balance hormones that can lead to acne.
- Consider adding milk thistle to the mix. Taking milk thistle each day supports your digestive system by increasing bile production and thus helping our bodies to remove excess testosterone (one of those hormones known for causing acne)
- Water. Water. Water. So many health benefits, but it also helps our skin rebuild its levels of hydration (the most common piece of the puzzle that’s missing in our routines). Try and make it a habit to get enough water in your diet. Not a fan of water on its own? Add some fruit to the mix. The antioxidants found in fruits, like lemon, are super helpful in the fight against free radicals.
- Avoid dairy. If your skin is acne-prone, you may want to avoid dairy products or at least cut back on your intake. Dairy products contain inflammatory properties that can be a trigger for breakouts. It also causes spikes in our insulin production, leading to excess hormones being released.
Got other questions? We’d be happy to try and answer them for you. The best way to have your questions seen and answered is by joining the Radiant Rebel Facebook Group and posting them there!
Canadian orders take approximately 1 week for delivery and US orders take approximately 2 weeks, so it’s crucial to get your order in if you wish to start the 30-Day Detox Challenge with us. If you order a little late, or your kit gets held up by the postman, no worries. Jump into the challenge at any time on the Radiant Rebel Facebook Page.
SIGN UP FOR THE CHALLENGE HERE!
We’ll see you on January 28th for the official 30-Day Detox Challenge launch!
With Love & Radiance,
Regain Control with a Skin Reset
Get off the rollercoaster of having to hunt down a new product every time your skin becomes unruly! Bring your skin back into balance with our routine builder workbook! Enter your email address below and I'll send it to you right away!