Although taking your vitamins doesn’t mean you’ll never need to wash your face or exfoliate again, making sure you’re not deficiency in particular vitamins & minerals can definitely go a long way in helping your skin care routine. Combined with the good old basics of skin care, proper nutrition could give your skin the boost it needs!
Here are some common symptoms of mineral and vitamin deficiency:
- Acne: Acne lesions can be triggered by deficiencies in antioxidants, vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, biotin, and zinc.
- Dry Skin/Eczema: Focus on the proper intake of vitamins A and C, which will replenish and rejuvenate your skin from the inside out.
- Oily Skin: This is a similar symptom to acne breakouts and lesions, but if your skin is excessively oily, it is best to focus on your vitamin B2 intake. This is a common deficiency that can cause oiliness in the complexion, often creating painful acne lesions or making it difficult for your makeup to stay on all day long.
- Rosacea: Rosacea is exacerbated by a vitamin B2 deficiency. Having a proper vitamin B2 intake will work to balance complexion and prevent the redness and swelling that is so common with a rosacea flareup.
- Stretch Marks: If you want to minimize stretch marks in your skin, focus on vitamins E and B6, as well as an ample intake of zinc.
Regain Control with a Skin Reset
Get off the rollercoaster of having to hunt down a new product every time your skin becomes unruly! Enter your email address and we'll show you how.